With over 300 days of sunshine each year, Castle Rock is a safe and welcoming place to enjoy the brisk Colorado air year ‘round. Castle Rock residents enjoy family-friendly events, concerts, festivals, fundraisers, races and environmental education and cultural programs throughout Castle Rock’s parks. Be sure to subscribe to the Castle Rock Events Calendar to stay up to date with the latest happenings.
Some of Castle Rock's most beautiful and prominent features are its open spaces, parks, and trails. The town boasts almost 20 parks, over 50 miles of public trails and nearly 6,000 acres of open space. Castle Rock's 300-acre Philip S. Miller regional park draws people in from all over the Denver metro area due to its popular "mini incline", popular children's park, zip line, and adventure park. Another draw to Castle Rock is the outdoor shopping center, The Outlets at Castle Rock, which brings shoppers to the city seeking discount prices at over 130 brand-name stores.
- The Ridge at Castle Pines North and The Golf Club at Bear Dance are both consistently rated among the top courses in the nation.
- Red Hawk Ridge is a newer public course with exceptional butte and mountain views.
Working in Castle Rock:
Castle Rock is the county seat for Douglas County and home to many government offices and support services. In addition to some large manufacturers and golf courses, our strong retail sector contains a number of large employers. The major employers in the community come from a broad spectrum of industries lending strength to the town through a diversified economy. Nearly half of Castle Rock residents work in the metro Denver area and over 40% work locally in Castle Rock.
Looking for more statistics about Castle Rock's economy? Check out their Economic Development Website here.
Commuting from Castle Rock
- Downtown Denver – 30 miles, 25 minutes by car
- Colorado Springs – 40 miles, 35 minutes by car
- Easy access to major state routes
- Extensive Bike trail plan to connect the town and the regional bike trail network
- Pedestrian-friendly Downtown with high walkability
- Denver International Airport – 47 miles northeast, 45 minutes by car
- Colorado Springs Municipal Airport – 45 miles south, 45 minutes by car
- Centennial Airport (general aviation) – 19 miles north, 20 minutes by
Schools in Castle Rock
Castle Rock is in Douglas County and part of the highly-rated DCDS (Douglas County School District).
Castle Rock Properties
About the Neighborhood
© 2011-2021 REcolorado® - All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer